The Practice is entitled to:
- Receive co-operation, civility and courtesy from its patients at all times.
- We are here to help you but may need information from you to enable us to offer you the most appropriate care. Please help us to achieve this through honesty and openness.
- Consideration – please be patient if the doctors are running late – we do try to see you within a reasonable time, however, delays can occur if emergency situations arise – on another occasion it might be you who needs the extra time.
The Practice will not accept:
- Rudeness, threats or aggressive behaviour directed towards staff or other patients or repeated abuse of its facilities including Emergency or Out of Hours Service.
- Abuse of the appointments system by persistent late arrival, non-attendance, or cancellation on short notice without justifiable reason.
- Any medical queries or requests by email.
The practice may remove from the list anyone who disregards the guidelines above.
- Read the practice website. This will help you get the best from the services available.
- Please treat the doctors and staff with the same respect and courtesy which you might hope to receive yourself
- Please inform the practice if you change your contact details (name/telephone/ address).
- Please only make appointments that you know that you can keep. If for some reason you are unable to keep your appointment make sure you inform the practice as soon as possible.
- Please arrive on time, give thought to your travel time, whether by public or private transport.
- Don’t ask for another member of the family to be seen at your appointment without making prior arrangements.
- Tell us if you are unsure about the treatment you are being offered
- Only ask for a home visit if you are too seriously ill to attend the clinic.
- Use the Out of Hours & Emergency Services only when appropriate and medically urgent.
- Tell us about any complaint or misunderstandings as soon as possible to allow us to deal with them
- Let us know when we have done well
Patients are entitled to:
- Be treated in a courteous, civil and co-operative manner.
- Receive full information on the services we provide.
- The most appropriate care by suitably qualified staff. Including clear explanation of and advice on, the patient’s medical condition and any proposed treatment.
- A referral for specialist medical opinion or other second opinion in appropriate circumstance.
- Absolute confidentiality of medical records maintained by the practice subject to any provisions for disclosure imposed or allowed by law.
- Have any formal complaints against the practice investigated and dealt with fairly and according to the practice complaints procedure.
- Request to be seen by an individual Doctor in the Practice. We shall endeavour to comply with this request, but need not do so if the preferred Doctor is not able to facilitate, or has reasonable grounds for refusing the request.